Prueba completa InglésPrueba rápida de Inglés
Just yesterday we ________________ in Paris.
I like working at night because it is ____________________
- quieter than during the day
- quiet than the day
- as quiet as the day
- more quieter than during the day
_______ they want ______________ about this class?
- Does, information
- Does, informations
- Do, information
- Do, informations
Who _________ the ____________ in your house?
- Does, cook
- Does, cooking
- Do, cook
- Do, cooking
My school is __________far from home, I have to take the bus.
- too many
The ending is the most important _______________________
- way of the book
- end of the book
- part of the book
- part than the book
I ___________ do _________ this weekend, I just went to a movie with my friend.
- did, many
- did, much
- didn’t, many
- didn’t, much
Where __________________ for your next vacation?
- did you go
- do you go
- will you going
- are you going
Matt ________________ his hand while he was cooking.
- was burn
- were burned
- was burned
Dolphins and whales have lungs, so they _____________ air.
- must breathe
- must breathed
- have breath
- must breath
____________ Dr. Brown plan on ____________ you back this afternoon?
- Does, call
- Does, calling
- Will, call
- Has, call
We’re going your way, do you want _______ to _____________ you home?
- we, ride
- us, ride
- we, take
- us, take
Ben didn’t really want to study, so he talked __________ out of doing his homework.
I don’t know where Tom ________, do ________?
- gone, he
- went, he
- gone, you
- went, you
My wife has ____________________ that show for years!
- been watch
- been watched
- did watch
Can you be a little more ____________, I’m trying to concentrate.
I was disappointed because our team didn’t play ______________ I had expected.
- as good
- as well as
- as bad as
- good as
I was always very nervous ______________, but for some reason I’m not anymore.
- to driving
- about driving
- about to drive
- when to driving
We must __________________ office supplies very soon.
- to buy some
- buy to some
- buy a some
- buy some
We need ___________ paper for ________ printer and ________ DVD’s.
You chose your favorite book, but I _______________ mine yet.
- hadn’t choose
- haven’t chosen
- haven’t choose
- didn’t chosen
The NBA playoffs start at 9pm.I have to study, but I’ll ________________ by then.
- have finished
- have finishing
- have been finishing
The Carson’s don’t speak Chinese _________________________?
- do they
- don’t they
- do them
- does they
Tickets _________________ from any travel agent or directly from the airline.
- can be purchase
- was purchased
- were purchase
- can be purchased
Jamaica is beautiful, but ________________ avoided in the fall because of storms.
- should have
- should to
- might to be
- ought to be
Annie found the souvenirs that __________ she wanted __________ the gift shop.
- ----, at
- ----, between
- which, at
- which, between
Will you please pay all the bills ___________ due this week.
- when are
- that are
If I hadn’t been fascinated with flying, I _________________ become a pilot.
- would have
- won’t have
- wouldn’t have
I’m not sure and he said he _________ sure ___________.
- was, neither
- wasn’t, either
- was, either
- wasn’t, neither
I don’t like cabbage and ____________________ does my brother.
If the education system improves, we ____________________ educated work force.
- have the
- will have an
- will have a
- have a
I wonder how _________________ the driver for the trip to the bus station.
- much should I tip
- many I should tip
- many should I tip
- much I should tip
In this paper, I will describe the basic process _______________________.
- by raw cotton is thread
- which raw cotton by thread becomes
- by which raw cotton becomes thread
- which raw cotton is thread
An antecedent is a word ________________
- which a pronoun refers
- to which a pronoun refers
- that to a pronoun refers
- to that a pronoun refer
New lightweight aluminum fishing rods weigh _______________ other fishing rods.
- a lot more than
- a lot more
- a lot less than
- a lot than
_____________________ extreme sports are dangerous, they are becoming famous.
- In spite of the fact that
What ______________ does not concern me.
- the Charlie told the boss
- the boss told Charlie
- the did the boss tell Charlie
- the boss Charlie told
Everybody __________ a ___________ joke.
- love, good
- love, bad
- loves, good
- loves, bad
“If people eat a balanced diet, they are well nourished.” This means:
- People need to eat healthy food to be nourished properly.
- People can eat whatever they want and be nourished properly
- People should not eat healthy food if they want to be nourished properly.
- People should be nourished properly if they don’t eat food.
If I had enough eggs, I _________________ you breakfast.
- will make
- will made
- would make
Historians _______________ sure exactly when the game of chess originated.
For many years now, the Chinese doctor’s way of thinking ___________ to be correct.
- is considered
- is consider
- was considered
- has been considered
John and Sarah have finally ________ that they are incompatible.
The average American’s diet contains quite a bit of sodium, most of _______ comes from processed food.
It is known by most people that having ________________ friends in one’s life makes _______________ difference to one’s state of mind.
- a few, a great deal of
- a little, a number of
- a few, a number of
- a little, a great deal of
What does she like to do?
- Eat expensive food
- Visit her friends
- Shop and spend money
- Order products from the home shopping channel
What is Patty’s job?
- She is a professional shopper
- She works in a bank
- She is a vice-president of a public relations firm
- She is a psychiatrist
Patty was feeling very sad for a long time. What made things worse for her?
- She started to spend too much money
- Her boyfriend left her
- She bought cosmetics and expensive handbags
- Her family and friends wouldn’t help her
From the context of the sentence, what does depression mean?
- to have no money
- to feel happy
- to feel sad
- to have no support from family or friends
How did Patty’s shopping habits change over time?
- At first, she bought cosmetics and later she bought credit cards
- She bought jewelry and then started to buy designer items
- In the beginning she bought small inexpensive things, and later she bought more expensive items
- At first she shopped every day in shopping malls and later, she shopped less often but bought more
How did shopping make Patty feel?
- It made her happy and satisfied and she was able to solve her problems by herself.
- It really helped her to forget about her problems and sadness.
- It made her feel lonely, isolated and made her forget about her family and friends.
- It made her fearful and guilty, but she was happy to have nice things.
From the context of the sentence, what does compulsive mean?
- personal satisfaction
- inability to control certain behavior
- inability to control the spending of money
- to have motivation
Which of the following statements would best describe Patty and her situation?
- She was always fairly happy until her boyfriend broke up with her, and that’s when she began to feel sad and became a shop-aholic
- Although she always looked good on the out-side, she was never happy. At the age of twenty-seven, her life took a turn for the worst
- Due to her position as a vice-president, Patty often felt lonely, so in order to feel better, she be-gan to spend money to a point where her job was at risk
- Patty had so many problems in her life that she went to see a psychiatrist
Which of the following statements is false?
- Because Patty was depressed, she turned to shopping to maker her feel better. She eventually got addicted to shopping
- Due to Patty’s extreme shopping behavior, she lost almost all of her money and couldn’t get help from anyone
- It took only six months for Patty to lose most of her money
- Trouble with her boyfriend caused Patty to have severe anxiety attacks
For many years now, Patty, aged 27, liked to shop. Stylish and savvy, a vice president at a large public relations firm, she enjoyed expensive food, jewelry and clothes. However, for years she battled periods of sadness and endured sudden anxiety attacks. Her problems worsened when her long-time boy-friend suddenly left her for another woman. She felt lonely and isolated. Needing to feel satisfied and fulfilled in some way, Patty started to spend money like there was no tomorrow.
Every day, in an effort to fight her depression, she began to hang out in shopping malls during her lunch hour and after work. At first, she bought only small items like cosmetics or inexpensive jewelry. Soon, she was charging huge sums of money on her credit cards, buying designer clothing, shoes and handbags. Feeling totally out of control, she had a compulsive need to buy whenever she could. She spent hundreds of dollars on unnecessary items purchased on the cable television shopping channel and from mail-order catalogs. She was so addicted, that she couldn’t resist buying from the local street vendors. Within six months, her financial base had deteriorated. Her friends and family refused to support her fi-nancially. Nothing could stop her spending habits ─ not fear, nor guilt.
Finally, she went to a psychiatrist who diagnosed her symptoms as “shop-a-hol-ism”. His tactic for treating Patty was one year of intensive group therapy. Now, after a year of therapy, Patty has found herself out of debt and in control: A recovered shop-a-holic.
Ingrese sus datos para recibir los resultados por correo electrónico.